How to make tasteful Moroccan Flank Steak
This Moroccan flank steak is full of exquisite spices. The seasoning will keep it tender, but you want the steak to roast hot and fast.
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Total: 25 mins
Servings: 6 to 8 servings
- 4 pounds/1.8 kg flank steak
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 cup/120 mL lemon juice
- 1/2 cup/120 mL olive oil
- 1/2 cup/120 mL minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL chili powder
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL sherry
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL turmeric
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon / 2.5 milliliters sea salt
Steps to Make It
- Mix all the ingredients except the flank steak together and mix well. Place the flank steak in a shallow baking dish or resealable bag with the marinade for 4 to 6 hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove steaks from marinade and reserve.
- Grill steaks to desired doneness (about 5 minutes on each side).
- Heat the marinade in a saucepan for 10 minutes.
- Cut steaks diagonally into thin slices. Pour marinade over steaks and serve.